BLACKBX (“Captive“,” BLACKBX” “we“, “us” or “our“) respects the privacy rights of users and recognise the importance of protecting and handling information collected in accordance with both the law and best practice.
- BLACKBX, as Data Controller, appoints The Client under license to gain access to and use the Personal Data from its own venues as described in the Term & Conditions of use.
- BLACKBX will only process the Personal Data to provide the Services or otherwise to comply with applicable laws or regulatory requirement.
- BLACKBX will ensure that any person with access to or processing the Personal Data is subject to a duty of confidence.
- BLACKBX will take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to ensure the security of processing and protect the Personal Data from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure or unlawful processing.
- BLACKBX authorises The Client to appoint subprocessors as they deem appropriate or necessary for the provision of the Services.
- BLACKBX will assist The Client in providing subject access and allowing data subjects to exercise their rights under the GDPR.
- BLACKBX will assist The Client in meeting its GDPR obligations in relation to the security of processing, the notification of personal data breaches and data protection impact assessments.
- BLACKBX will provide mechanisms to delete the record of a single Data Subject, and to delete all Personal Data at the end of the contract. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- BLACKBX will immediately inform The Client if it appears they are infringing the GDPR or other data protection law of the EU or a member state.
- Nothing within this contract relieves BLACKBX as Data Controller or The Client as Data Processor of its own direct responsibilities and liabilities under the GDPR.
Changes to This Policy
We collect a variety of information to enable us to provide the BLACKBX Service, improve our Site and enhance our users’ experience of our services; for example, by determining the location of your Internet Service Provider (“ISP“) we are able to serve a localised version of our Site (for example enabling contact, language and currency modifications). For more information about the purposes for which we use your information please see the Use of Information section below.
We collect the following information (which may include personal information):
- Information You Provide To Us
- We collect information you provide directly to us when you use the Site and when you register for and use the BLACKBX Services. Examples include: name and gender.
- We collect information when you register with BLACKBX for an account, create or modify your profile and online account, access and use the BLACKBX Services (including but not limited to when you upload, download, collaborate on or share files or other information. The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, postal address, phone number, information about your data storage preferences, employer’s name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address) as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide. We also store the files or other information that you upload or provide to the BLACKBX Services (“Content“).
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information We Collect Automatically – When you access or use the BLACKBX Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- We monitor user activity in connection with the BLACKBX Services and may collect information about the applications and features you use, the websites you visit, the sizes and names of the files or folders you upload, download, share or access while using the BLACKBX Services, the Content you access and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your Content in the BLACKBX Services.
- Log Information: We log information about you when you access and use the BLACKBX Services including your Internet Protocol (“IP“) address, access times, browser type and language, ISP, the Web pages that you visit, the Content you use and the URL of the Web page you visited before navigating to the BLACKBX Services.
- Device Information: If you access the BLACKBX Services from a mobile device, we collect information about the device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type). We do not ask for, access, or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our mobile application.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources. We may also obtain information from third parties and combine that with information we collect through the BLACKBX Services. For example, we may have access to certain information from a third-party social media service if you create or log into your online account through the service or otherwise provide us with access to information from the service. Any access that we may have to such information from a third-party social media service is in accordance with the authorisation procedures determined by the social media service.
We may use the information (which may include personal information) we collect about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the BLACKBX Services;
- Enable you to access and use the BLACKBX Services, including uploading, downloading, collaborating on and sharing Content and sending emails on your behalf;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you, where you have agreed or where the law permits, for marketing purposes, including to periodically informing you about services and features. We will only share your personal information with anyone else for marketing purposes and/or send you promotional materials where you have given your explicit consent to this processing of your personal information.
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with the BLACKBX Services;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorised access to the BLACKBX Services, and other illegal activities;
- Personalise and improve the BLACKBX Services, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customise your experience on the BLACKBX Services;
- To process your payment details in order to complete any payment that you make in relation to the Site;
- To create anonymised data (which we may licence to third parties directly);
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate; and
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
Where We Store Your Information
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
For example, we may share personal information about you including as follows:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Service Providers – We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work and provide the services to you.
- Corporate Account – If you are an individual BLACKBX registered user and the domain of the primary email address associated with your BLACKBX account is owned by your employer and was assigned to you as an employee of that organisation, and such organisation wishes to establish a BLACKBX account, then certain information concerning use of your individual account may become accessible to that organisation”™s administrator including your email address.
- With Your Consent – We may share your information with your consent, including when you choose to use collaboration features in the BLACKBX Services that by their nature support sharing with third parties who you choose. Your name, email address, information from your profile and online account (including your photo), and any Content you choose to share will be shared with such third parties, and such third parties may communicate with you (such as by posting comments or emailing you).
- Compliance with Laws – We may disclose your information to a third party if,
- We believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- To enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service.
- To protect the security or integrity of the BLACKBX Services.
- To protect BLACKBX, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities.
- To respond to an emergency, which we believe in the good faith, requires us to disclose information so preventing criminal activity.
- Business Transfers – We may disclose you personal information to a seller, buyer or merger partner In the event that we sell, merge with or buy all or a substantial portion of any business or assets.
- Aggregated or Unidentifiable Data – We may also share aggregated anonymised information with third parties (such aggregated data does not directly identify you).
- Our Group – We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means any company, which controls, is controlled by or is under common control with BLACKBX.
While no service is completely secure, BLACKBX takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, we encrypt your Content when it is stored in our data centres. In addition, sensitive information such as credit card number and password that we request from you on the BLACKBX Services is protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet.
The servers on which personal information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
You may access your account information and our service only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
How to disable them?
Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 10
- In Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, and then select Internet options.
- Select the Privacy tab, and under Settings, select Advanced and choose if you want to allow, block or be prompted for first and third-party cookies.
To block or allow cookies
- In Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, and then select Internet options.
- Select the Privacy tab, and under Settings, move the slider to the top to block all cookies (or the bottom to allow all cookies), and then select OK.
- Click the menu button and choose Preferences.
- Select the Privacy panel and go to the History section.
- In the drop-down menu, next to Firefox will: choose Use custom settings for history.
- Check mark Accept cookies from sites to enable cookies, and uncheck it to disable them
- Choose how long cookies are allowed to be stored:
- Keep until:
- they expire: Each cookie will be removed when it reaches its expiration date, which is set by the site that sent the cookie.
- I close Firefox: The cookies that are stored on your computer will be removed when Firefox is closed.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under “Privacy and security”, click Content settings.
- Click Cookies.
- Turn Allow sites to save and read cookie data on or off.
Choose Safari > Preferences, click Privacy, then do any of the following.
Change which cookies and website data are accepted: Select a “Cookies and website data” option:
- Always block: Safari doesn”™t let any websites, third parties, or advertisers store cookies and other data on your Mac. This may prevent some websites from working properly.
- Allow from current website only: Safari accepts cookies and website data only from the website you”™re currently visiting. Websites often have embedded content from other sources. Safari does not allow these third parties to store or access cookies or other data.
- Allow from websites I visit: Safari accepts cookies and website data only from websites you visit. Safari uses your existing cookies to determine whether you have visited a website before. Selecting this option helps prevent websites that have embedded content in other websites you browse from storing cookies and data on your Mac.
- Always allow: Safari lets all websites, third parties, and advertisers store cookies and other data on your Mac.
Account Information & Retention – You may update, correct or delete information that we control about you at any time by logging into your online account and modifying your information, or by emailing us at email@example.com
In some circumstances we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. We will respond to your access request within 30 days. To request removal of your personal information, which we hold, contact us at the email address listed above. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Promotional Communications – To stop receiving emails from us follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in those emails. You may still receive emails such as security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of the BLACKBXServices or those about your online account or our on-going business relations.
Social Media Features and Widgets
Linking to Third Party Websites
Our Policy Towards Children
The BLACKBX Services are not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.